Toll Free: 1-800-49-AARON
Email: [email protected]
View Your Price Quote
Listing Admin Login
For more information on listing your equipment with Aaron contact Pam Real or click here for more information on our listing services.
The History of Aaron Equipment
Aaron Equipment Company was originally incorporated in the State of Illinois by brothers Samuel and Aaron Cohen in 1937. It was established as a Class A dealership for used and new equipment serving the food, chemical, plastics and allied industries. Its first location was at the original Cermak Road Firehouse in Chicago, Illinois. Its primary business was buying and selling used processing equipment such as Tanks, Kettles, Fillers, Feeders, Mixers, Blenders, Reactors, Dryers and Centrifuges to name a few.
1937 - 1958
In the late 1940’s, Aaron Equipment outgrew this facility and in 1950 under the leadership of Samuel along with sons Jerrold and Leslie Cohen, the company transferred the entire operation to a larger location at 14th Street and Ashland Avenue in Chicago, near the Loop area.
Here the company continued to grow and accumulate assets that broadened the scope of the original equipment types.
Growth & Relocation
1958 - 1971
In 1958, the Cohens decided…on a calculated risk…to move their business from the center of the city of Chicago to the outskirts of town. Thus, Aaron Equipment packed up their entire inventory and moved to the northwest suburb of Schiller Park, Illinois which was gaining a reputation as an industrial center.
The 30,000 square foot of building space allowed Aaron to spread out its inventory as well has have room for even more growth. The Schiller Park location had yet another advantageous perk as it was located just a few minutes away from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport which enabled its customers a convenient access to inspect equipment.
1971 - 1982
As the late 1960’s progressed and the economy flourished, so did Aaron Equipment Company. In 1971, it became apparent that more expansive quarters were needed to accommodate the ever growing assets of inventory. Aaron purchased an additional four acre tract of land just a block from its then current location which was an emergency maneuver to be used as an outside storage yard.
In 1970, Aaron again initiated construction of another 45,000 square foot building complex at Bernice and Willow Streets in Schiller Park. This facility housed the offices, workshop and warehouse space…all located next to their outdoor storage yard.
On July 19, 2019, Aaron Equipment Company celebrated the opening of their new office operations in Wood Dale, Illinois with a ribbon cutting ceremony for the employees. KC Christensen presided over the event and gave an inspirational speech that summarized the history of the company and its many accomplishments.
KC spoke of the growth of Aaron during the past 82 years which included the previous moves the company had made and why. He also praised current owners Alan Cohen, Michael Cohen, and Bennett Cohen for their efforts to keep the company in close proximity for the benefit of their employees. He also touched base on the multitude of complex decisions that they endured to make the move successful. In June 2017, The Illinois Tollway purchased the current site of Aaron in Bensenville by eminent domain to complete the final leg of the Elgin O’Hare Expressway.
The Cohen’s participated in the ribbon cutting in front of the entrance to the new building where family and employees had gathered. Then everyone was invited to take a tour of the new offices which had already been outfitted with all new furniture. The open concept layout of the new space gives off a totally different vibe to the atmosphere.